Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Last post with student quotes....

And here are the last four student quotes from Galicia!

Liora:  I loved everything from the food to the beautiful nature, but the best part was not even having the option to speak English since we were in the country and most people there spoke only Spanish and Gallego, the local language.  I can't believe how much more confident I feel with my Spanish in only four days!

Chloe: Galicia, for me, was full of new experiences, and my confidence in speaking Spanish was boosted so quickly, since we spoke to so many genuinely nice people, willing to talk to us.  Most of the people we met there seemed very open to talking with us and showed an interest in wanting to get to know us.  I really hope to be able to visit Galicia again!

May:  First of all, mom:  If you see the pictures and you think I'm cold - I'm not!  One of my favorite memories of Galicia was the second hike - it was hard, but the views made up for it (mostly)!  Dad, I am taking you back here, the bread is incredible!  I miss you and Scottie (and Daniel!)

Rachel:   Galicia was really fun, and I enjoyed the hikes and the outdoor activities, the nature was amazing.  Casa Louran was an amazing location with unbelievable hospitality and food.  I will miss Galicia!




1 comment:

  1. Wow - your Tuesday looked absolutely amazing! It's 1:30pm here - 7:30 for you? Mitch - you dropped photos this morning for us during your afternoon? I can't thank you enough for setting that up. It seems like Paco Diez is a special special person. All the video clips of his music were quite moving. I also liked the boys serenading the girls prior to that- lol. Olivia - what a voice!!! And then group "Hotel California"?!? I was cracking up. Followed by karioke in Spain. Quite the once in a lifetime experience for the kids.
    They're predicting possible snow later here - just in case you wanted a weather comparisson :-)
    - Jessica (PS - please make Rosa and Shira stand still for a few more photos of them together that aren't blurry :-)

    ReplyDelete