Tuesday, January 16, 2018

More student quotes!

Here is the second of what will be three posts with quotes from the students: 

Sydney:  Galicia looked like a movie set, all the views were incredible!   Half of the experience was looking out the window while driving - everything was so beautiful. Even more importantly, the people in Galicia were very willing to talk with us and help us improve our Spanish.  I will miss Galicia!

Shira:  Galicia was a place for new experiences and views, between the cultural food experiences and the jaw-dropping views on the hikes, Galicia was a time to involve ourselves completely in the Spanish culture and way of life.  A moment to remember would be all the friendly faces in the streets, as well as our new friends in Casa Louran.  Although we all did our own things, we also felt connected to each other.  And, the deserts were incredible! 

Noa Grace:  The experience that stuck the most with me throughout Galicia was when we went to the different tapas bars, trying new foods and meeting new people.  Specifically, I met a unique person - Jamie the cobbler.  I asked him a very personal question, and he answered very completely and openly, and in that moment I was able to connect with the local. Whenever I think of this man's story, I will think of the special region of Galicia!

Caroline:  Galicia was the perfect place to start such a wonderful trip.  The hospitality in Casa Louran made us all feel so welcome, not to mention well fed! Although we were staying in the countryside and we had to drive - a lot - we always made the best of the experiences, and made a lot of memories along the way.  I am excited to see what Castilla y Leon brings!

Rosa:  In Galicia, it was wonderful to experience a new pace of life, enjoying leisurely meals and great hospitality, at our "casa rural."  Even the down time between activities, as long bus rides allowed us to appreciate the countryside, and observe many picturesque old towns that preserve a unique way of life.  I really enjoyed our hikes, and opportunities to explore the countryside, and to connect with unique guides, who were so passionate and knowledgeable about the culture they shared with us. 

Lindsey:  I really enjoyed the four days in Galicia, I thought it was a good way to connect to nature and also learn about each other.  My favorite part of staying in Galicia was going on the hikes, they were both really beautify and really fun.  I also enjoyed staying in Casa Louran because everyone there made us feel so welcome.  I am going to miss Galicia, but I am really excited for the next part of our trip!

Tiffany:  Galicia was very different for me, but it was gorgeous and a breath of fresh air.  We all bonded in the last four days.  One specific memory I have is that the second hike was very long and difficult, but with the help of friends and teachers, it ended up being really fun.   It felt great to finish the hike!  I am looking forward to more great experiences over the rest of the trip!



No comments:

Post a Comment